Operations the largest senior management area at Virginia Tech. More than 800 employees in the division are responsible for the health, safety, and well-being of the university's 13,000 employees, 31,000 students, and about 55,000 visitors each year. Additionally, division employees maintain more than 125 building, 2,600 acres of property, and an airport.
- Business Affairs — Provides support to the university through air transportation services, alternative transportation, fleet services, mail, parking, printing, and copier management. Oversees information technology and business operations management consulting for the division.
- Emergency Management — Coordinates planning, training, response, and recovery efforts to ensure emergency readiness of the university community. Promotes a culture of preparedness.
- Environmental Health and Safety — Promotes a safety culture at the university in areas such as biosafety, lab safety, and occupational safety. Provides compliance support, training, and hazardous waste removal.
- Facilities — Manages planning, construction, design, maintenance, and operational services for buildings, grounds, and utilities. Oversees real estate, university building official, GIS, building space and the Virginia Tech Quarry.
- Police — Enhances the safety of the university community through effective law enforcement and proactive crime prevention. Oversees the Virginia Tech Rescue Squad.