Customer Service Recognition Program
The annual Division of Operations Customer Service Recognition Program recognizes employees in the division who exemplify the university's motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve) in their day-to-day work providing exceptional customer service to the campus community.
The objective of the program is to recognize, reward, and highlight the accomplishments of employees in the Division of Operations who significantly impact the campus community by improving current practices and service levels, identifying new or innovative means of providing extraordinary service, or building customer relationships through top-notch communication and follow-through. Individuals may be recognized for ongoing/consistent performance or a single demonstration of superior service which results in an exceptional experience for customers.
To be eligible, nominees must:
- Have at least 12 months of service working in the Division of Operations; and
- Maintain an acceptable level of performance in all functions of their positions and consistently exhibit excellent customer service; and
- Seek to improve service in creative/highly responsive ways; or
- Take initiative beyond the normal scope of service; or
- Proactively resolve or contribute to the resolution of long-standing problems that directly benefit customers.
Nominees may offer outstanding customer service to external clients or visitors to the university, as well as internal customer service to university and Division of Operations stakeholders in their roles.
Note: Employees with a title of director or above are not eligible.
Employees can be nominated individually or as a team (of up to 12 members).
Nominations are accepted in the early spring of each year via the online nomination form for individuals or teams. The 2018-19 nomination period will be February 18 - March 15, 2019. Each nominee will receive a congratulatory letter of acknowledgement.
Questions to consider when shaping your nomination:
- Why is this employee a role model for the division?
- Does the employee exhibit specific attributes when delivering customer service?
- Are there specific examples that highlight how the nominee exhibits excellent customer service? (Towards internal or external stakeholders)
Individuals are selcted by the division's Customer Service Recognition Council, which includes at least one representative from each department in the division.
Individual recipients may be awarded up to $500 and each member of the selected team may be awarded up to $50, depending on available budget. The vice president for operations will present each winner with a plaque at the division's First Friday recognition event each May.