Local Lunch Bites Food Truck Program
The Local Lunch Bites food truck pilot program in fall 2019 partnered with local food trucks to bring more tasty and convenient lunch options, beyond those offered by the university’s award-winning Dining program, to campus.
Update for spring 2020: University administration will take the spring semester to reevaluate the Local Lunch Bites food truck program. It is not anticipated that external vendor permits for regular lunch service will be issued during spring semester. Some special event organizers may still invite external food trucks to provide service, in accordance with university policy.
All food trucks are required to meet health, safety, and operational regulations put forth by local, state, and federal government, Virginia Tech Environmental Health and Safety, and the Virginia Tech Police Department.
Related University Policies
- 5810, Mobile Food Vendor Policy
- Health, Safety, and Waste Management Requirements for Food Trucks on Campus
- 3005, University Related Business Activities
- 3006, Catering Policy
- 5000, University Facilities Usage and Events
- 5215, Sales, Solicitation, and Advertising on Campus