Local Lunch Bites Food Truck Program
The Virginia Tech community will soon have the opportunity to try out a variety of local eats for lunch without ever leaving campus.
The Local Lunch Bites food truck pilot program will partner with local food trucks to bring more tasty and convenient lunch options, beyond those offered by the university’s award-winning Dining program, to campus starting Aug. 26. The trucks will operate Mondays through Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. to approximately 2 p.m. through Nov. 21. View the latest schedule.
The food trucks will be situated at multiple locations across campus, including:
- Bishop-Favrao Hall
- Cowgill Hall
- Goodwin Hall
- Lane Stadium/Southgate/Public Safety Building/Sterrett Facility Complex
- Litton-Reaves Hall
All students, faculty, and staff are invited to enjoy an array of local lunch options from such vendors as:
- Beast of the Streets
- Big D’s BBQ & Ribs
- Brother Jake's Brick Oven Creations
- Chick fil A (menu)
- Creole That
- Mann's Sausage Company (menu)
- Nomad’s Coffee
The Local Lunch Bites food trucks will clearly post which modes of payment are accepted. Hokie Passport may be accepted on some trucks later in the semester.
Under the Local Lunch Bites program, all food trucks are required to meet health, safety, and operational regulations put forth by local, state, and federal government, Virginia Tech Division of Operations, Virginia Tech Environmental Health and Safety, and the Virginia Tech Police Department.
Related University Policies
- 5810, Mobile Food Vendor Policy
- Health, Safety, and Waste Management Requirements for Food Trucks on Campus
- 3005, University Related Business Activities
- 3006, Catering Policy
- 5000, University Facilities Usage and Events
- 5215, Sales, Solicitation, and Advertising on Campus