Administrative Services provides the operational functions that make the university a beautiful, efficient, and safe place to live, work, and learn.
Departments within Administrative Services include:
- Business Services — Provides support to the university through air transportation services, alternative transportation, fleet services, mail, parking, printing, and copier management. Oversees information technology and business operations management consulting for the division.
- Emergency Management — Coordinates planning, training, response, and recovery efforts to ensure emergency readiness of the university community. Promotes a culture of preparedness.
- Environmental Health and Safety — Promotes a safety culture at the university in areas such as biosafety, lab safety, and occupational safety. Provides compliance support, training, and hazardous waste removal.
- Facilities — Manages planning, construction, design, maintenance, and operational services for buildings, grounds, and utilities. Oversees real estate, university building official, GIS, building space and the Virginia Tech Quarry.
- Human Resources — Provides information, resources, and services to improve the quality of work life for staff and faculty, including equity and access, training, wellness, benefit support, and recruitment.
- Police — Enhances the safety of the university community through effective law enforcement and proactive crime prevention. Oversees the Virginia Tech Rescue Squad.
2014-15 VPAS Customer Service Award
Several Virginia Tech employees were honored in May 2015 for their customer service initiatives on campus.
“These awards recognize individuals and teams who provided outstanding service to their co-workers and other members of the Virginia Tech community,” said Sherwood Wilson, vice president for administration. “It’s important to recognize the incredible work our employees do every day.”
See the Award recipients who were nominated by their peers, co-workers, or supervisors.
Two new division procedures have recently been approved